– Property owners along the Campbell River are advised that the river could flood over its banks if rain heavy rain continues during the high tide between 7 and 9 a.m. Wednesday.
– To help people prepare for the potential flooding, door-to-door notifications are underway in the area along the river between Willow and Maple streets and in the low-lying area bordered by Redwood, Petersen and 16thAve.
– City crews are standing by and have stockpiled sand and sandbags to assist in shoring up the river bank.
– People needing assistance with sandbags in the potential flood area should call 250-287-7444.
– Residents in the Campbell River and Strathcona region should also be extra cautious of rivers running higher and faster than normal.
– Flooding risk will persist, especially during high tides, as long as the severe storms continue. Another storm system is expected overnight, with the same intensity as the one that hit Monday night/Tuesday morning; a smaller system is expected on Thursday.
– Emergency officials are watching closely, monitoring weather systems, rivers, storm surges and tides.
– Contributed by the City of Campbell River