Planned outages on the way for BC Hydro customers
BC Hydro logo. (supplied by BC Hydro)
Comox Valley, Campbell River and Gold River will be seeing some power outages over the next two weeks.
BC Hydro says the planned outages will be taking place as crews replace power poles in those communities.
The first of the outages starts tomorrow in Campbell River. Those living near 738 Island Hwy(Fishermans Wharf) will not have power from 9:30am until 4:30pm in the afternoon.
The rest of the outages will be as follows:
Courtenay & Hornby Island:
- On February 14th from 8:30am-4:00pm along Avonelee Road, Fern Road, Kingsfisher Crescent, and Mariner Road.
- On February 18th from 8:30am-4:00pm along Bradley Road, Forbidden Plateau Road, Grouse Road, and Mountain Spirit Way.
- On February 19th from 8:30am-5:30pm along the Old Island Highway near Sunnydale Golf Club.
- On February 20th along Central Road on Hornby Island from 9:00am-4:30pm.
- On February 23rd on Moray Ave and Moray Place from 8:30am-5:30pm.
- On February 24th near 1175 Cliffe Road in from 8:30am-5:30pm.
Campbell River & Quadra Island:
- February 18th in the 600 Block of Industrial way and West Road on Quadra Island.
- February 19th on South Alder Street, Bathurst Road, McCarthy Street, South McLean Street and South Thulin Street from 9:30am-4:00pm.
- February 25th on Smith Road from 9:00am-4:00pm on Quadra Island.
- February 25th in the 500 Block of Golden Hinde Place from 9:30am-2:00pm.
To see how you can better prepare your home for both planned and unexpected power outages, visit BC Hydro’s website.