Listen Live
HomeNewsCarbon Monoxide: "The Silent Killer"

Carbon Monoxide: “The Silent Killer”

Carbon Monoxide, a.k.a. “The Silent Killer”, is something that homeowners can tend to forget about.

But Campbell River Deputy Fire Chief Thomas Doherty says it can be more prevalent this time of year, when residents are firing up fuel-powered appliances like furnaces. He says carbon monoxide is colourless and odorless, so it’s very difficult to spot without a proper alarm.

dont-forget-to-check-your-carbon-monoxide-detectorsDoherty says a lot of newer smoke alarms also include a carbon monoxide detector. He adds detectors need to be replaced every 7 years.

Doherty says you can call your local fire department with any questions or concerns.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -