Five Cumberland residents are homeless after a Saturday morning house fire.
No injuries were reported, but the home suffered serious damage. The blaze broke out in the 3000 block of Fraser Road.
Courtenay fire crews came in to assist the Cumberland Department. Officials say the fire started in the basement around a pellet stove before making its way outside and onto the roof of the building.
Fire crews were on scene for more than four hours fighting the blaze.
Reports say the damages could be up to $100,000. All five occupants were able to escape with no injuries.