· Emergency officials continue to closely monitoring water levels in the Campbell River and weather systems.
· Please be extra cautious of rivers running higher and faster than normal.
· 16th Ave. between Ironwood and Maple is closed due to flooding.
· Crews have set out barricades to mark water on the road at the following locations:
1. 16th around Maple and west
2. Hwy. 19A at the base of the hill near Hidden Harbour
3. Alder and 7th
4. Willis Road
5. 14th and Cedar Intersection
6. 12th from Dogwood to Greenwood
· City crews are standing by and have stockpiled sand and sandbags to assist in shoring up the river bank if water levels continue to rise.
· To help people prepare for potential flooding, door-to-door notifications were done yesterday evening in the area along the river between Willow and Maple streets and in the low-lying area bordered by Redwood, Petersen and 16th Ave.
· Emergency calls for water, sewer or road service, please phone 250-286-4033.
– Contributed by the City of Campbell River