A Campbellton resident returned home early Thursday morning to find her mobile home full of smoke.
Fire crews were dispatched to a report of heavy smoke in a mobile home at 2520 Quinsam Road shortly after 1:15 a.m. Thursday.
When crews entered the home, they found a small fire in the area of the wood stove, which crews were able to extinguish quickly preventing any damage to the structure.
Deputy Fire Chief Thomas Doherty says, “The occupant had left the home earlier in the evening and returned to the sound of the smoke alarm activated in the mobile home and the home full of smoke. Thankfully, no injuries were reported and damage was minimal.”
He added that “Fire fighters would like to remind residents to keep combustible materials a safe distance away from heat sources to reduce the risk and prevent fires from occurring.”