The Strathcona Regional District says it’s proud to reopen its playgrounds and outdoor equipment effective immediately.
With appropriate signage and protocols in place, the following playgrounds and amenities previously closed in an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19 are now open:
- Blenkin Park Playgrounds and Swings (Electoral Area C)
- Mitlenatch Park Playground (Electoral Area D)
- Hagel Park Playground, Outdoor Fitness Equipment and Picnic Shelter (Electoral Area D)
All SRD parks, playgrounds and trails are now open as in addition to the facilities above, similar amenities that previously experienced closures were reopened last month including:
- Cortes Island Skatepark (Electoral Area B)
- Blenkin Park Tennis/Basketball Courts & Skatepark (Electoral Area C)
- Hagel Park Tennis/Basketball Courts (Electoral Area D)
If you plan to use a playground or equipment, you’re asked to help reduce potential risks by following the guidelines and signage posted at all parks.
This includes staying home if you have any signs of sickness, keeping at least six feet distance from anyone outside your household, washing your hands before and after park use, and self-sanitizing as equipment is not sanitized.
You’re also asked to avoid large groups and play games that allow for safe physical distancing.
SRD says parks are being routinely inspected and any closures or social distancing violations observed will be addressed.
To stay up to date on accurate information, click here.