The Strathcona Regional District’s corporate office officially reopens tomorrow (June 17).
The SRD board has approved its restoration plan, and new office protocols and safety plans are in place to limit and reduce the spread of COVID-19.
The office at 990 Cedar Street will be open from 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.
Rules in place include,
- Non-essential in-person interaction between employees and visitors is prohibited.
- Necessary business is encouraged to take place through telephone, email or other electronic means.
- Where in-person business cannot be avoided, appointments are required with physical distancing in place.
- If you have COVID-like symptoms you’re strictly prohibited from entering the office.
- Signage is posted onsite to inform you of the protocols in place.
- You wash or sanitize their hands before and after entry to the building.
- The use of hand sanitizer is required and provided at all points of entry and high touch points.
- You must enter and exit the building maintaining a two-metre distance from all others.
- Capacity in the lobby is limited to adhere to physical distancing requirements.
- Floor markings are provided identifying traffic flow and directing visitors where to stand when approaching front desk(s).
- Waiting areas have been arranged to maintain physical distancing requirements.
- Barriers have been installed between employees and visitors.
- No public washrooms are accessible to visitors.
Contact information to specific SRD departments is listed at www.srd.ca/contact
Utility Bills: payable to the Strathcona Regional District and encouraged to be made either through:
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT)
- Telephone banking
- Cheque by mail
- Where necessary, in person through preferred touchless transactions (i.e. credit or debit).
Taxes: payable to Service BC Centre Campbell River via:
- Log in or enrol in eTaxBC at gov.bc.ca/eTaxBC
- Electronic Funds Transfer, wire transfer or online banking
- Cheque by mail
- In person at 115-1180 Ironwood Street, Campbell River.
Community Services: Building, Bylaw Enforcement, Parks and Planning
- Community Service business should be conducted through telephone, email, or other electronic means.
- Appointments are required where in person business is necessary.
- Planning applications, such as official community plan and zoning amendments, development permits, development variance permits, as well as new building permit applications continue to be processed.
- Building Inspections are provided where required public health directives can be met.
- For assistance or general inquiries, Community Services can be reached by phone at 250-830-6718.
SRD Board & Committee Meetings
- Due to Public Health orders regarding limits on gatherings and social distancing, meetings are being held online.
- The Province of BC has recently passed an order which allows local councils and regional boards to hold meetings while excluding the public.
- Meetings are currently being recorded and available for the public to view online here https://srd.ca/recorded-board-meetings/
- The SRD Board has deferred all public hearings until after September 7, 2020.
- The SRD will continue to process official community plan and rezoning applications.
- Applications waiting for a public hearing will be prepared to enable timely consideration following SRD Board authorization for the conducting of public hearings.