Dogwood Street at 2nd Avenue is Campbell River’s top spot for crashes: ICBC
Dogwood Street/2nd Avenue intersection (Photo supplied by: Ethan Morneau, MyCampbellRiverNow.com staff)
There are some dangerous intersections in Campbell River.
New data released by the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) shares which intersections in town have seen the most crashes.
The province’s auto insurer recently updated its interactive map highlighting the top spots between 2015 and 2019.
Dogwood Street at 2nd Avenue took first place with 68 crashes over the four-year span.
Dogwood Street at Highway 19A wasn’t far behind with a total of 67 crashes, followed by Highway 19 at Willis Road with 63 crashes.
Between 2015 and 2019, the ten busiest intersections in town saw a total of 535 crashes.
Campbell River crashes, 2015 – 2019:
- 2nd Avenue & Dogwood Street – 68 crashes
- Dogwood Street & Highway 19A – 67 crashes
- Highway 19 & Willis Road – 63 crashes
- Highway 19A & Shoppers Row/St. Anns Road – 57 crashes
- Highway 19A & Jubilee Parkway – 55 crashes
- Highway 19 & Jubilee Parkway – 52 crashes
- Highway 19A – 51 crashes
- 16th Avenue & Tamarac Street – 43 crashes
- 16th Avenue & Dogwood Street – 40 crashes
- 9th Avenue & Dogwood Street – 39 crashes
More crash statistics for Campbell River, along with other municipalities on Vancouver Island can be found here.